Translate

05 August, 2015

Feathered Friend

Little bird & feathers

I cut an aperture in card & deco paper, and a frame in red. Diecut branch & feathers, one in white card and one is vellum.  Stamped sentiment, cord tied around feathers.  Painted bird with Lyra watercolour crayon & cut out, placed on branch with dimensional foam.

Digi-image: A Day for Daisies
Diecut: Spellbinders feathers in the wind
Sentiment: Kaisercraft

Actually I painted the whole digi-stamp but messed up on the flowers. So I rescued him.  I do like this simple version - and he is SO cute.  I reckon he is thinking  'Hmm so that's where they disappeared to... '

When we lived in the country I used to have chookies of various kinds and colours, chickens hatching ... I specially loved the Chinese Silkies - their chicks are like little bumblebees!  Have you ever looked closely at a feather?  They are beautifully engineered and for something so delicate, they are amazingly strong.

Shared on challenges:

http://www.adayfordaisies.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/take-two-more-birds-challenge-127-add.html

http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/favourite-fur-or-feathers-why.html

3 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely rescued result. I like the cas look and the feather embellishment. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Jen Leeflang said...

I love the way you added the feather! Thanks for joining us for challenge #127 - Add a Feather at A Day for Daisies. Please join us again soon.
luv'n huggz
Jen L
ADFD DT

Anonymous said...

gorgeous image and love the added die cut feathers too, Thanks for playing with us at AYLI challenge this time,
hugs me xx